The climate in India is different in every region, even at the same time of year. This article lists all the months, weather forecasts and festivals to suggest the best time to visit India.
India is a vast country. The enhancing backwaters, hill stations, and landscapes make India a beautiful tourist destination. Some of the popular destinations of India are Ladakh, The Himalayan, Varanasi, and Goa. The weather suits each destination differently. You should consider the time by your destination.
What do months look like in India?
JANUARY – January is the coldest in the northern regions of India. Cold nights with clear warm days make up pleasant weather for sightseeing. However, fog occupies the sky in the mornings. You must pack warm outfits if you consider January for your visit to India. You can expect the best views from the Himalayas.
FEBRUARY – The temperature increases a little bit, and the fog clears, making February one of the best months to visit the whole of India. February is a busy month, so make sure to pre-book hotels and flights.
MARCH – March is exciting for both weather and the Holi festival. The climate is moderate, and India is busy preparing for Holi. It is a colour-throwing festival that celebrates the victory of good over evil. Wear clothes that you don’t mind getting coloured.
APRIL – April is the beginning of the summer. Temperature increases nationwide. It is the best time to visit wildlife as the water level is low. Mornings and Evenings are great for the whole, while afternoons are appropriate just for naps.
MAY – May and June are the hottest months of the year in India. Temperature and humidity are both high. However, wildlife sightseeings are still famous.
JUNE – June is hot in the whole of India except Ladakh. Ladakh offers the best view and weather. Days are sunny and clear, but you still need warm layers. The weather is fantastic only in Ladakh, while the rest of the country is hot and waiting for the monsoon.
JULY – July and August are the monsoons, and India is busy celebrating showers in their own way. Ladakh offers an incredible view. Shimla and Manali are also good places to visit in the warm season of August.
AUGUST – The showers in July and August increase the sea level making the rivers a beautiful spot to cruise. Visit holy places like The Ganga and The Varanasi during August. Moderate weather in August is also suitable for the hill stations.
SEPTEMBER – Monsoons come to an end in September. Sunshine and a hot temperature make the beaches a beautiful spot to enjoy. You can expect a fantastic view from western regions of India like Rajasthan.
OCTOBER – Days in October are clear and sunny. However, the south may see sudden showers. October is one of the best months to visit India, as days are clear and nights are chill. Dussehra is a famous Hindu festival that is celebrated in October.
NOVEMBER – November is pleasant in the whole of India. It offers balmy weather that is not too hot nor too cold. It is best to visit almost every place in India. Moreover, November offers many exciting events. For example, the Hampi festival of Karnataka, Pushkar Camel Fair in Rajasthan, and Mahotsava in various cities. Diwali, a festival of light, is celebrated in India in November. You should visit India in November to enjoy the diversity of India.
DECEMBER – December is cold but perfect for visiting the south of India. It is sunny and warm in the south. North India also offers fantastic weather, mild daytime temperatures, and cold nights and mornings. People are excited about Christmas and New Year in December.
Different months look different in different regions of India, making deciding the time to visit India tough.
December to March is the best to experience India’s festivals, holy places, and beaches.
April to June is slow for tourism and hence the best option to avoid crowds and experience the hill stations of India.
June to November is best for visiting the mountains like the Himalayan.
Seasons of India
- SUMMERS – Summers in India start in April and last till July. All of India except Srinagar and Jammu and Kashmir is hot. In the summer, Ladakh, Manali, Shimla, and Nainital are a few places to visit in India. You can consider experiencing waterfalls and lakes in the summer.
- WINTERS – Winters in India start in November and last till February. January is the coldest month. It is foggy in the morning and evening. The Himalayas offers the best view in winter. Carry the layers for warmth in winter.
- SPRING – The spring season in India is from March to April. It is the season between summer and winter when the temperature gradually rises. You will see the blowing flowers everywhere and eat the delicious seasonal produce. Southern India is suitable for experiencing the best of spring in India.
- AUTUMN – The Autumn season comes in September and October. It is the beginning of winter, and the hot season starts disappearing. Leaves start falling in this season, which is why it is also known as the fall season. Experience the best of Autumn in Uttarakhand, Mysore, Kerala, and Kashmir.
- MONSOON – The monsoon lasts from June till early September in India. Bring your umbrellas with you, as the shower can start anytime. Lonavla, Goa, and Ladakh are India’s best places to experience monsoons.
One thought on “Best Time to Visit India”