Duration: 4 hours Schedule: Sunday, 12 June 2022 (10 AM to 2 PM) Format: Google Meet (Video conferencing) Course fee: Rs 2,000 (USD 50)
The Certificate in Positive Parenting Programme reiterates the fundamentals of a solid and secure family support system that aims to equip parents with the skills and confidence they need to be self-sufficient and to be able to manage family issues. This course can help get your parenting skills to where you want them to be. It covers a broad range of topics, including parenting skills, the dynamics of discipline, teaching values to our children, small and lovely daily habits that will make the difference and more!
This course provides an overview of all the parenting skills necessary to raise a healthy and well-adjusted adult. It will also help you learn where and why some challenges may arise and how to best go about overcoming them. If you are about to become a parent, would like to become a more effective parent, or want to learn more about how to guide children effectively, this course is for you! It is ideal for all parents but can also be a handy tool for caretakers, grandparents, teachers, and anyone who spends a lot of time helping shape the next generation’s minds.
Upon completing the course, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the YUVA Academy (MQA-Registered Training Institution).
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN?
The programme will give you the necessary practical skills and tools to help build the confidence you need to:
- Encourage personal understanding to enhance familial relationships,
- Develop effective strategies for promoting children’s development and dealing with common behavioural and developmental problems,
- Promote children’s development, health and social competencies,
- Prevent or reduce the severity of children’s behavioural, emotional and developmental difficulties.
WHAT ARE THE COURSE OUTLINES?
Module 1: Introduction to Parenting Skills
Module 1 gives an overview of parenting skills. Understanding your child is one of the most important things you should learn as a parent. It is the development of knowledge, skills, problem-solving, and dispositions that help children think about and understand their world. Communicating with children well helps them with the emotions they cannot identify.
- What are parenting skills?
- Understanding Child Development
- Encouraging Intellectual Development
- Communicating with Your Kids
Module 2: The Dynamics of Discipline
Module 2 shows the dynamics of discipline. As a parent, one of your jobs is to teach your child how to behave. It’s a job that takes time and patience. But, it helps to learn effective and healthy discipline strategies. Teach children right from wrong with calm words and actions. Model behaviours you would like to see in your children.
- What is discipline?
- Having consequences, consistency and accountability.
- Using positive discipline
- Take-charge techniques for parents
Module 3: Teaching Your Child Values
Module 3 shows how values are the principles and standards of behaviour that one feels strongly about. This includes generosity, giving, kindness, compassion, integrity, and honesty. It also shows how to develop a healthy self-image and concept of self. It is essential to promote your child’s positive attributes and provide a safe, nurturing environment for exploration and building relationships. Your child will know exactly why they feel good or bad about something someone is doing.
- What are values and morals?
- Instilling Self Esteem In Your Child
- Effective praise
- Teaching your child tolerance
Module 4: 10 Things That Will Make a Huge Difference (and why)
Module 4 gives us a picture of how most of us are caught up in a hectic whirlwind of activities that start on Monday morning, end on Sunday night, and begin all over again. It includes daily habits that can greatly impact your family relationships.
- Eat dinner together
- Learn to apologise and show forgiveness
- Model good behaviour
- Create a happy home
- Focus on their emotional intelligence
- Teach them confidence
- Forget focusing on their friendship
- Have realistic expectations
- Keep family time a top priority
- Show affection daily