Admission to this programme is very competitive and we scrutinise each application very carefully. We have an acceptance ratio of 1:5. Duration: 3 hours Schedule: Sunday, 11 December 2022 (6:30 PM to 10:30 PM - Mauritian Time) Format: Google Meet (Video conferencing) Course fee: Rs 3,500
When confronted with a dilemma, making ethical decisions is the key to success along the project leadership journey. This leadership course will introduce you to the fundamentals of ethical leadership. Discover how ethical leadership is used to make effective decisions in organisations worldwide. Study the theory of ethical decision-making and leadership, including the 5 Decision-Making Theories of moral development, and examine how you can apply these insights to your day-to-day work within your organisation. By the end of the course, you will have a solid foundation in ethical decision-making, including understanding the models, frameworks, and difficulties involved.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- What is ethics? – In this course, we will explore ethics and ethical decision-making models.
- Ethical decision-making models – Now that you know about ethics and different theories of how ethics can be viewed, let’s see what ethical leadership is.
- Perspectives on leadership ethics – Next, we will examine some of the work of prominent researchers who have explored issues relating to ethics and leadership.
- Unethical leadership – As we’ve been exploring this week, leaders’ unethical actions can negatively impact their followers.
- The principles of ethical leadership – We will apply what we learned about ethical leadership to 20 real-life case studies.
- The dark side of leadership – There exists a dark side to leadership, in which leadership can be unethical and destructive. We’ll explore that here with the help of several case studies.
ABOUT YUVA ACADEMY
YUVA Academy is an MQA-registered Training Institution that seeks to transform the world by developing a robust network of young leaders who will work together to address the world’s most significant challenges, achieve extraordinary social impact, and accelerate the country’s growth trajectory.
The world’s greatest need is ethical and entrepreneurial leadership. Too often, we only invest in addressing the symptoms of poor leadership: we give blankets, food, and medicine to those impacted by poverty, or we cannot create enough jobs for our young people. But these efforts will never stop unless we develop leaders who prevent adopting good governance, entrepreneurs who create jobs, and innovators that develop lasting solutions to the root causes of the world’s problems. We aim to develop the future Nelson Mandela, the next Wangari Maathai, and a new Bill Gates.
Admission to YUVA Academy’s programmes is very competitive, and we scrutinise each application carefully. We have an acceptance ratio of 1:5.
While there is no “magic formula” for gaining admission to a particular programme, the general expectation is that you fill in the following form well by answering every question based on your experience, knowledge, and good judgement.