My name is Zakiya Neamuth. I am 18 years old and currently in grade 11 at Hamilton College situated at Mahebourg. I have been selected to be part of YUVA’s Robotics Team Mauritius for the FIRST Global Challenge 2022.
My love and interest for robotics began in November 2018 when Sophia, the humanoid, was brought to Mauritius. I must admit that this wonder of engineering, science and psychology was captivating and made me read and research more about robots since then.
Continue reading “Zakiya Neamuth Selected in YUVA’s Robotics Team Mauritius 2022”
This Brief gives an overview of the main measures announced in the Budget 2018-2019 with a special focus on social aspects of the Budget relating to the 4 priority areas of YUVA.
- Rs 1 billion to target some 14,000 unemployed and to tackle youth unemployment
- 3,000 youths to join the National Skills Development Programme (NSDP) for technical training
- Youth Service Programme introduced under the aegis of the Ministry of Youth and Sports to develop soft skills such as team building, discipline, communication and work ethics
- 3,000 unemployed to be enrolled in the National Apprenticeship Programme run by MITD
- Youth Employment Programme (YEP) to cater for post-HSC unemployed
Continue reading “2018-2019 Main Budgetary Measures for Socio-economic Development”